Prepare for your visit
We want your HBOT therapy sessions to be as comfortable as possible for you and your family. While in the chamber, you may watch movies, read or sleep. We hope your experience with HBOT will not only be rewarding but pleasant.
To best prepare for your visit, read the information below:
Equalizing pressure in your ears:
The pressure that builds in your ears is much like you’d experience while flying. Yawning, chewing gum, sucking water from a sports bottle and swallowing are all effective ways of equalizing. We encourage you to practice equalizing pressure before your visit. We will address pressure equalization in-depth during your personalized orientation session.
Notify us if any of the following apply:
- You have a cold, the flu or nasal or chest congestion
- There is any possibility you may be pregnant
- You have diarrhea, nausea or are vomiting
- You have an ear or sinus infection
- You have recently changed medications
- You have not eaten breakfast or lunch prior to you session
- You are diabetic and have not taken your insulin
HBOT safety requirements
For your safety the following safety protocols are strictly enforced:
- No shoes are allowed in the chamber
- You will need to arrive 10 minutes before each treatment
- Do not wear grease or oils such as body lotions, lipstick or makeup, hair oils, mousse, gel or hair spray, perfumes or colognes
- Do not use any petroleum based products such as Vaseline prior to your therapy session
- Do not use any skin care product or deodorant with an alcohol base (deodorant without alcohol can be found at most health-food stores)
- Please remove watches, wigs, jewelry, prostheses and hearing aids
- Do not consume carbonated drinks for at least four hours prior to HBOT
- You must eat regular meals before treatment. Eat high protein snacks if needed
- You must check with the technician before bringing anything into the chamber
- To maintain privacy and safety no visitors are allowed in the chamber room. All family members and visitors must remain outside the treatment area. An adult family member may accompany children into the chamber
- It is important to keep your appointments and receive your sessions as prescribed. This will ensure you get the maximum benefit from HBOT therapy. If for any reason you cannot keep your appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance
- Smoking constricts your blood vessels. For maximum benefit, stop smoking during your HBOT series. If unable to quit, refrain from smoking for 2 hours or more before and after each therapy session
- All dental work must be completed before starting HBOT
- Please keep a diary of daily treatments
- You may be asked to consent for photos and videos to help us tell your story of effective hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Registration package and legal consent for treatment:
We cannot legally treat you without your full informed consent. You will be asked to sign a form consenting for therapy prior to your treatment.
We request that you arrive for your appointments on time. However, actual HBOT sessions can only be timed approximately due to the nature of the treatment. We take great care to make each client’s session comfortable and to meet each client’s individual needs. This means occasionally a session takes longer than was scheduled. We request your patience if this occurs, and assure you that we will be equally attentive with your session. If you are unable to attend for any reason, please will give us at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise a booking fee applies.
We’re always happy to help. Please call us at (425) 644-7999 or fill out a short form.